Welcome to Mooreland Elementary
Membership in the Mooreland Elementary PTO is automatic for all parents/guardians of Mooreland students. There are no membership fees or drives.
PTO meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month at 7:00pm in the MES library. All are welcome! We look forward to seeing you there!
Please join us at our next PTO meeting:
Tuesday, May 14, 7:00pm
If you have any items you wish to have placed on the next PTO meeting agenda, please contact PTO President Melinda Schlitt.
What's Happening at Mooreland?
2018–2019 Upcoming Events:
Thursday, May 9: Diversity Day (1–3pm)
Tuesday, May 14: PTO Meeting (7pm, MES Library)
Thursday, May 16: Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast (8:30–9:30am)
Thursday, May 16: Field Day (rain date May 17)
Tuesday, May 21: Spring Concert (1:45pm & 7pm; see Ms. Truckenmiller's weekly email for RSVP details; no RSVP required for evening performance)
Wednesday, May 29: Kindergarten Celebration (9:30am)
Wednesday, May 29: 5th Grade Graduation (5:15pm)
Thursday, May 30: Last day of school (12:35pm dismissal)
Have a great summer!
First day of school 2019–2020: Monday, August 19
To view the full MES calendar, click here.
Giant A+ Rewards Program Enrollment!
If you have a Bonus Card and shop at Giant, please click here for information about registering your card. Enter Mooreland’s code: 20969, and each time you shop using your Bonus Card between October and March, Mooreland will earn 1% CASH back on all of your eligible purchases. You can choose up to two (2) schools to receive your A+ SCHOOL REWARDS points. Thank you for taking the time to enroll your bonus card and help Mooreland!
ORDER MOORELAND ELEMENTARY SPIRIT WEAR!
Show your school spirit by ordering t-shirts or hoodies featuring the school colors and logo!
Click the link below to order:
We plan to add more items to the store. Have a request for a particular item? Let the PTO know!
Liz Campbell, author of the Carlisle Kids website, published a fantastic article about our school. A portion of the article is below or you can access the entire article HERE.
What do parents, teachers, and students love about Mooreland Elementary?
1. Drive through the southwest quadrant of town at the right time, and you’ll see many parents and children on the sidewalks, going to or coming from school. Students can walk to this neighborhood school, which is located right in Carlisle Borough. This creates a great sense of community – not to mention it helps to keep kids active!
2. There is a strong sense of community, strengthened by regular Family Fun Night activities, which include bowling, skating, movie nights, book fairs, Zumbathon, dance parties, and much more! “Fun parties” was identified by students as one of the things they love about their school.
3. Mooreland is a hub for international families, English Language Learners, and students from War College families. This brings a wonderful diversity to our school!
4. Teachers describe a supportive, family-like work atmosphere where they feel accepted for who they are, supported by parents and the principal, and work as a team to help every student.
5. Students love their principal, Kim Truckenmiller, who “makes everything possible.”
6. Mooreland has engaged parents and a vibrant PTO and volunteer core, with cooperation between faculty, staff, and parents. In fact, a Parent Involvement Committee was initiated by the teachers! This collaboration makes for a positive school community.
7. Students can take advantage of a number of after school clubs, which offer educational, artistic, and physical enrichment. Examples include LEGO club, various language clubs, art, music, coding, and Zumba.